Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• Two suggestions:

That in the discussion search, it will pull titles up too. Meaning it will highlight the words in the titles too that you have searched for.

That in the email search, it’ll pull usernames up too, and do the same as above.

• how about a NOTIFICATION SOUND OR NOTICE whenever we get new messages or post replies or new karma's added or someone sent a new booking proposal or whatever? I have the cc app and it doesn't do anything. I hope this reaches the development people. I always have to check this site manually and sometimes I miss booking opportunities because I don't check this site often, unlike if there's notifications then I'll probably be more active. makes sense no?

• I want to be able to reschedule a confirmed booking without having to cancel it and schedule a new session.

• @soothinghugs You can turn those on in Settings, under Notifications.

You may also adjust the push notification settings in your phone, for the browser you use.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• I’d love to be able to search my inbox for profile names instead of having to scroll back through dozens of pages to find a message/profile.

• @SunsetSnuggles did just that. didn't work. still didn't get any push notifications.

• @soothinghugs Hopefully a mod can help you troubleshoot, further. Push notifications are extremely helpful, especially when meeting someone whom you only contact through the site.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I wish that thumbnails included the state the person was located in. There are a lot of duplicated town names and you either end up getting visits from people who mistakenly think you live near them or you click on people thinking they live near you, when in fact they live halfway across the country, just in a town that has the same name as one in your vicinity.

• I really wish that there is an undo button when deleting a friend. I sometimes scroll around my friend's list and accidentally deleted someone. It doesn't give me the chance to undo or have a pop up screen that says are you sure you wish to delete such and such as a friend?

• When someone's account is temporarily Paused, you cannot leave a Note (or a Report, Karma, etc.). I've started doing Notes when I report people, so even if they change the rule-breaking aspect of their profile, I still have a record of who they were and what they did. (Last thing I want is to report someone named BigDick4U, have him change his username, and then have him contact me, and I naively waste time on a creeper.) It would be really nice if these features were still available while someone is Paused.

@CuddleBarista1 Yeah, there should definitely be a two-step process for that one. I aim very carefully with my finger/mouse, when in that section. 😬

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I know I've only been here a couple of days but I do have one suggestion from my observations so far. It's concerning the profile page. You have three tabs, 'About' 'Friends' and 'Karma'. (Everything fine so far and I must compliment the operators on the brilliant usability of the site.) But, what about a forth tab? I wouldn't want to call it a 'Wall' tap, that's too much like other social media sites. I'd call it a 'Thoughts' tab. You could post little blog type updates on your own 'Thoughts' tab and people could respond directly to your comment/update. I suppose I have a bias here, as writing is a hobby of mine. I can also see the dangers of people filling their 'Thoughts' tab with all sorts of nonsense and cluttering up the server. In an ideal world you'd be able to delete them yourself, or you could have a limit of twenty thoughts and archive the rest somehow. In any case, this could be a way to interact with someone for those who think sending a message might be too bold. Maybe I think too much. :)

• These forums already exist as a Thoughts tab of sorts.

Also doing double duty as Thunderdome, on occasion.

• edited May 3

Ah right yeah. I see where I've gone wrong there. @TxTom, I think I was worried that if I was posting on the forum too much it might get annoying for people.

Also, that was such a great film.

• @zerolight40 @TxTom I have often wished for the ability to post little blog-like Thoughts that I could edit at will, and link to in my profile. 📄

The lack of formatting in the profiles is very frustrating, though I've found some workarounds.

People have, indeed, been frustrated with, and flat-out abusive toward, those who "over-post" on the message board, especially those who start an inordinate amount of threads. They have been directly accused of using this as their Facebook. Mostly it's an overly-sensitive user who takes issue with this (the majority are perfectly capable of simply clicking away), but on one occasion, a particular user had such a perpetual habit of starting irrelevant stream of consciousness threads, that a mod combined them all and told them to use that thread, only.

Point being, sometimes people do have things they would like to write, but it is not applicable to the general public.

I know for me, it would be nice to have parts of my profile as a clickable title, rather than the entire wall of text. There are, essentially, FAQ's that I direct people to in my profile all the time, because I'm not going to type them over and over in PM. It would be nice to be able to just link a "Thoughts" post, as @zerolight40 suggests, because if I posted it on the board somewhere, I can't edit it after 24 hours, and life is way too dynamic for that. 🤭

~ Sunset Snuggles

• We should eliminate the false advertising on the main page. "Latest cuddlers" pics have not been changed in a long time. Not everyone here is in-shape, good looking and young.

• edited May 3

@SunsetSnuggles Yeah, I was afraid of becoming, 'that guy' in the forum. I haven't started a thread yet myself. I was waiting until I had something interesting and of course, relevant to talk about. :) Thank you as well, you explained my thinking more eloquently than I did there.

@4bearhugs Yes I noticed that too. I thought they would show the latest users and I'd pop up there...

• @zerolight40 You're nowhere close, fear not. Also, if someone harasses you in PM over "posting too much", report them.

As for starting threads, the search function here is all but useless...it searches content, not thread titles, so you're better off Googling "Cuddle Comfort" plus the thread subject matter you're interested in posting about, to see if it exists already. (Odds are, it does.)

Some people can be nazis about newbies starting topics that have been discussed into the ground already. I never mind if they start them, I just direct them to the relevant existing thread, so we maintain cohesion. But some will whine as if they were never new, themselves. Ignore them and just be your sweet self. It's okay if you make a "mistake" or three, just enjoy your experience here.

Definitely a good idea to poke around and read a good bit, though. 😁

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I think it would be cool if we could add some notes like the blog idea to our profiles. Since outside links are not allowed if they have another method of booking listed - we should be able to have a more effective way of listing our services, descriptions, and other details without our profiles being 17 pages long. I consistently get TLDR messages because I try to be as upfront as possible. I do not offer what a lot of folks in my area offer and my primary work is with SA cases, grief, and chronic and mental illness. Those clients have different needs than someone that is just single and lonely. I would like to have my contract and new client entry form available for access for both potential clients and other cuddlers should they choose to use and modify it. I understand that the site needs to make revenue in order to stay hosted and operable but we also need to be able to adequately represent ourselves so that expectations are less murky. I have not found any cuddle platforms that make specifications incredibly easy nor upfront. That’s what I have a website for but if I can be banned for even linking potential clients to my website and information . . . It just become a vicious cycle that makes clients feel like you are trying to bait and switch. This applies for enthusiasts as well.

• @zerolight40 If you put your thoughts into a picture form, you can have 15 posted under pics. They could be public, friends only, or private (that you share as you see fit).

• There needs to be a log out button for account security reasons!

• @great_pillow08 - There is a logout button, but it's not in an obvious place like most websites. It's located in "settings"

• The downside with using pictures as a means of communication as suggested above, either as personal notes/blog or for pros to share more info, is that pics on this site do not offer Alt Text or other accessibility options for people who are vision impaired or otherwise use screen readers and voice control (such as for lack of fine motor skills). I have had more than one close friend set up an account here and then immediately delete because this site is completely unusable for many with disabilities.

If folks want to use their pics to communicate extra information, they absolutely can - they should just keep in mind that a) photos on this site are not protected and can be saved/stolen by anyone, and b) the info they are sharing will be completely unavailable to some.

I'd mentioned adding/fixing some of these accessibility issues further up in this thread last year, and I do hope it will be made a priority so that more disabled people and even just people who prefer to use assistive technology are able to join the community. This site doesn't meet the basics of international web content accessibility standards, and at this point with how far technology has advanced and ease of use has improved there really is no reason not to be more inclusive.

• @CuddleHugs01234 I didn’t know you could do it like that I thought those spaces were just for profile pics! 🤔☺️

@cuddlefaery makes a very good point about disability access on the site. Again, I’m learning something new here about the international standards. That sounds like something that’s easily achievable with a few tweaks to user interface.

• @zerolight40 Yep, lots of people have stuff that expresses themselves, not just pics.

A suggestion for the website. A clickable link on accepted proposals that takes you directly to the messages for that person.

• @cuddlefaery Do you know what accessibility issues she was experiencing? I would love to improve that. Easier navigation, accessible text sizing, improved screen reader support?

• This is a minor one but, being able to use emoticons in the DMs would be awesome! I've got into the habit of opening GetEmoji... 😼

• A search engine other than just specifications of cuddles more like for the forums
    I fee like I see the same chat open up here where you could just search a a chat that has already started it 😅

Is there a Halloween chat already open 👀 how would I know unless I scroll through ages lol

• @Gary may I DM you? My housemate is legally blind so she can give me better insight on specifics for low vision navigation.

• edited May 10

@JessArt88 there is a search function for the forums, but it is a bit hidden and not very robust. If you're on mobile, it's at the very bottom of the main page for each of the forums.

Example: go to the "General" forum, scroll all the way down past all the threads listed, and you'll see this:

It's basically a keyword search that uses OR search function, so if you type in "virtual cuddle" without the quotations it will look for the words virtual OR cuddle, not both together. If you want to search an exact phrase, use the quotations marks as I did.

Note: It doesn't search post titles, and there's no filter options to narrow it down.

Edit to add: you can only search from the forums main pages, not from within each of the threads, so you have to back out of them to do searches or open a new tab/window.

• Ah thank you!