Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• edited September 2023

@myne2
    Yes, the moderation team and admins have access, though your messages are typically inaccessible to us unless someone has been reported. So let’s say someone you communicated with broke the rules and was reported by another member. We would be able to see their conversation history, including any conversation they had with you. Though in your case, we would only be able to see that one conversation from their side. All of your other conversations would be inaccessible to us unless you yourself are reported. Once a report has been resolved, that access usually ends and all conversations return to being inaccessible.

• @myne2 yes, the site is able to read messages between members. Unfortunately this is necessary so that bad actors can be dealt with.

Moderators do not have access to messages until a Report has been made.

Always keep all conversation on the site until at least the day before meeting, and preferably longer.

• Why are cuddlers not showing up in my searches? I have people I've cuddled with in the past or spoken to in the past and when I do a search for cuddlers in my area they don't show up at all. But I can click on their profile through our conversations 🤔

• @look4connection they have gone to Settings and clicked "mute".

• Ok, this seems like the place to get answers...

Why isn't my profile picture showing up next to my comments here in the forums??

• @JJoyfuldancer it's a known issue but I can't remember if there is a fix. You may be able to find something if you search the forums. Try both the forum search function and also google using

site:www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum

in the search terms.

The site coders do have a list of jobs to do, but this isn't hugely important and it doesn't have site security implications so it might be a while before it floats to the top.

• edited September 2023

Silly question, but... How do I get my profile picture to show up in the forums?

I figured it would default to my main picture on my profile, but I just see the standard Cuddle Comfort logo for people without profile pictures. Do I need to earn my pic by being more active in the forums? It's not that important but it's driving me bananas, lol. I've searched everywhere (or so it seems). Checked every setting, scrolled through many pages of FAQ thread... 😅

Edit: I JUST saw someone asked the same thing yesterday. I SWEAR it wasn't there before. 🥴 I swear it!

• [Deleted User]Hugginsworth (deleted user)

@PixiePassions Mind sharing how you got it to show up?

• I wonder if mine shows up?

• It appears to!

• [Deleted User]trialbyfire (deleted user)

How do you modify a booking to change date, time or number of hours?

• @trialbyfire there is an option to modify/change when you request a booking

• [Deleted User]Hugginsworth (deleted user)
    edited September 2023

My propic showed up today! Yay. It seems to take about six weeks, oddly. I noticed in another topic that someone worked on the bug just yesterday. Thanks!

• So where do I look to fine people that r looking for cuddlers?

• @ParkerM32 click the button 'Cuddlers' and adjust your search filters.

• Very new to using this site so sorry if this is basic. How do I message a cuddler before requesting a booking? All I see is the booking option, do I need to book before I message? I want to ask a few things before requesting a booking with a cuddler. Thanks in advance.

• @alexloveshugs
    By clicking Book Session it opens the messages and you can message them first to get to know them better before actually booking

• edited October 2023

hmmm I have questions about when a CC member DELETES their account.🤔

If they decide to come back to the site afterwards, and of course start a new account, are they able to use their previous usernames ?

I have noticed some profiles recently (enthusiasts, clients, professionals) that begin by saying something like "Hey all! I was here before and had such and such karmas, and etc etc., and now I am back and ready to go!"

Is there a way to verify that?

• @OhioMike
    If an account is deleted, I believe it does free up that username. That’s how I am rocking this new username without an underscore between Charlie and Bear 😎

I think that would also prevent us being able to verify the deleted person’s previous account because after 30 days their account is permanently removed from the site. If they are lying and had been banned, however, then we would be able to see it.

• @CharlieBear ok so... Scenario: if I delete my account (NOT GET BANNED) @OhioMike would become available to use for anyone? I didn't know that.🤔

And again, so if someone says they were a member here like say 2015 to 2019, and deleted their original account, and now they are back on CC, there is no way to verify that?

• @OhioMike
    Yeah, while I’m not 100% positive, I think once your account is fully deleted, someone else could swoop in and take your username. As for checking old accounts, I know us mods wouldn’t have access to that. The admins might have some sort of record saved (that I don’t know) but I believe all of their data would be gone, so I wouldn’t put much stock in any claims of any karma they may have had.

• thanks @CharlieBear 👍!

yeah, again just was perusing the CC universe and picked up on a few or more profiles that seemed to relay that "Hey I was here before and was rockin' but now I am starting again from scratch" .... Nothing wrong with that of course , just curious if we commoners could verify that scenario

• Is it possible to request that my forum access be blocked and invisible but I can use the site to meet cuddlers? It's hard to summon the willpower to stay away from it when it's right there in front of me. It can be a forum ban from the mods or whatever.

• LOL @jplemmon I actually considered requesting that at one point. please let me know as well if thats possible.

• edited October 2023

@Sooson dm him. He is in self imposed time out. He asked the moderators for it because things were getting heated the other day and he doesn’t want to get banned saying the wrong thing. I think he’s fine without it but he knows him best. 🤗🤗🤗

Edit: I didn’t see his post. Lol yes, it works.

• edited November 2023

Hello all, happy saturday :)
    I hope i’m not being annoying by asking this question if it has been asked already! I tried searching manually through this thread but cannot find any way to search for by specific question apart from scrolling chronologically so I thought I’d ask and see if anyone has any experience regarding this.

for payment, was anyone aware that cuddlecomfort is a british company? I was entirely under the impression that it was a US-based company and so put in a credit card, and was dismayed to find that i had been charged foreign transaction fees. perhaps it is my tendency as an american to think the world revolves around us, but I was not informed about that and don’t recall seeing any indication of it when I signed up, nor on the site currently. in fact, i believe that the site was promoting some metric about the sheer amount of cuddlers in the USA on the signup page. there’s also no info to be found online when I try googling, so i guess i’m just confused? did i accidentally sign up to the british version of the site? has anyone had issues with this?

• @snugglebug99 I haven’t seen transaction fees in mine but maybe I wasn’t looking close enough. I only get one charge per cuddle.
    Is it your bank. I think the website uses stripe for processing don’t quote me there I know it’s one of them…some of the processing parties shift where they charge from. Like sometimes on say DoorDash the charge will be from Cali and other times New Hampshire. Only ideas.

• There is no British or US version as far as I'm aware. It is a US-centric site in many ways, but it is ultimately based in London. It's not secret in any way, although as a casual user of the site you can't easily see where it's based.

• Hello all and happy cuddles ! I’ve heard about meet and greets being hosted in different states for cuddlers.How can I get more information or updates about when these take place ?

• @caramel226 You just plan one or watch for one on here. You can search your city in the search bar, or nearby cities. They can be super simple to plan, like the one we had in Murfreesboro, TN.