General Forum: Introductions

Comments

• [Deleted User]sweetiecare (deleted user)

Hey everyone. My name is Caroline. I am in the Bay Area of California. I have a very nurturing, caring, giving side. I love the comfort and care. I love to cuddle. :)

• edited July 2019

Hello my name is Sarah, I am super shy and kind, and I live in Adelaide in South Australia. I can't remember the last time I've had any cuddles. I've been through a lot of abuse and neglect in my life. I feel like having platonic cuddles could potentially do me a lot of good. If there are any safe, genuine people, that are of pure intent with no agendas, it would be wonderful to cuddle. Anyway, my thanks to this group for having me here, and I am wishing each of you a lovely week ahead ♡

• I am Vanessa :-)

• Hi, I'm G. I'm a 40 year-old man in the Columbus, OH area looking for human touch.

• Pleasure to meet you all!! My name is micaconamor a new cuddler in the Hampton Roads area! I’m excited to see what this experience has in store.

Ciao

• [Deleted User]LynnPenn (deleted user)

Hi to the crowd

I am Lynn, a mother, teacher, and amazing Cuddler.

I have practiced cuddle therapy with my autistic son for nearly 20 years. I learned from his therapist and also from online resources.

I have always been a Cuddler and find the benefits of human touch to great to ignore.

I’m in the Burbs outside of DC and hopefully can find a platonic cuddle buddy who enjoys nature, music, art, and science.

• Hello All! I’m in Chicago and surrounding area . Book a session with me inbox so we can chats details 🥰

• Hello, I'm Kay! I have always been a very cuddly person. Professional cuddling began to appeal to me through my EMT job. Sometimes I would see a sick or injured patient, and it would hurt to see how much they could use some TLC. There were people so lonely that they would call 911 just to get some human interaction. The job really limits how you are able to touch a patient due to legal concerns. Then, I got sick. The doctors couldn't do anything. I remember thinking that if they could not do anything else, then for the amount I pay them I wish I could just curl up with a doc and cuddle the pain away. After that I was determined to give other people the option. Years later, I'm still doing it! Ha ha, I love being a professional cuddler! My home is in Montana, but I travel to many other areas throughout the year. The areas I visit regularly are Denver, Shreveport, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Ventura.

• Albuquerque here. I've been in a dead relationship for too long where any real contact has been nonexistent.

I came across this site and really liked the concept. With any luck l can connect with someone and also broaden my horizons and gain some new friends.

It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

• Hi, my name is Damiano and I’ll be very happy if I could find a cuddle buddy. When I found this site I thought this is exactly the kind of relationship I was looking for but unfortunately I realized that most of site users are from US and there are no users near me. So I was thinking if you happen by chance to pass by Rome maybe we could meet😊 anyway feel free to send me a message despite the fact we live far away

• Hi everyone! I expected more in the NYC area! Excited to meet some cuddlers

• [Deleted User]NCCUDDLES (deleted user)

Hi!!! I'm Melissa. Greensboro NC area. I am ready, willing and experienced. So glad to be a part of the site

• [Deleted User]MochaHugs (deleted user)

Hi everyone my name is mocha and although I am relatively new to the site I've been a fan of cuddling 4 years it's honestly how I started by receiving so much anxiety I found that it was so therapeutic and healthy for me in addition to that some of the best people with the best conversations I've been people I've met through this hobby so that's why I'm here and I look forward to meeting new people and having great conversations and cuddling time okay Carry On have a great day

• [Deleted User]wkemper (deleted user)

Hi I’m Bill. I’m very much on the shy side. I haven’t been in a relationship for a long time but decided last year to give it a try again. About the same time I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and have since had surgery. It looks like sex is out of the picture for me now but I have been told that there are women who don’t need that in a relationship. I’m here to find out if that’s true and to find the physical touch that I have been lacking for so long.

• Testing 123 is this thing on???

• [Deleted User]Marialatina27 (deleted user)

Hey there everyone! I'm Maria I'm 27 from Daytona. Fl 😊

• [Deleted User]rosieglow (deleted user)

Hello!

I'm Mel from Kansas City. I joined, because I know so many people are touch-starved. I believe that touch is just as vital as sunshine. Studies have even proven that touch is necessary for babies to thrive. It's the same reason I went into massage therapy.

• Hi! Fort Worth, Texas reporting in. I hope introverts are welcome here.

• You'll find many of us. You are among friends. <3 @Christopher07

• Hello, I love mobile games

• hello im keirwin mattew im 30 years divorced with no kids for three years now will like to meet new people if you interested in me i dont play games

• Hello. I am new here. I live in St Pete and am exploring cuddling as a resource for my coaching practice. Any tips for newbies?

• [Deleted User]McycleTherapist (deleted user)

Hello everyone.
    For me a great day begins and ends with a hug.....cuddling! I am new to the cuddle community. I am looking forward to meeting cuddlers and people who like giving and receiving Huggs!!

I believe in uplifting and preserving the human spirit. I love to share my experiences and engage in new encounters. I enjoy cuddling as a balance to my fast-paced, high-stress career as a public health professional. Cuddling helps me slow down and reset. Cuddling for me starts with communication...learning where my partner’s spirit is and how I may fill their cup.

• While I am new here as well, welcome! I’m local, and hope we can get a good community of ATL cuddlers.

• Hi I'm Alex, from New Mexico, brand new cuddler and new to cuddling as a profession. I very much enjoy cuddling others and making others feel comfortable and warm.
    So if anyone would like to cuddle, I'd love to just message me!

• Hello from San Diego and Las Vegas! Any other cuddlers out there near these 2 areas? Would love to chat with you. Tony :)

• Hey. I'm David from LA, the valley actually. Though no I don't have "the valley accent", does anyone? I've never actually met someone with that famous "valley sound", I think that's just something the movies invented.

Anyway, some friends told me about this site and I decided to check it out. I like to hike cause y'know it's good exercise and free. Plus would be cool to meet someone who is down to cuddle n stuff.

I guess this beats Tinder? Idk, not really sure what to make of this all yet. Is it dating, is it like fwb but cuddling only. The fact that there's a pro section really has me thrown. How do the people that run this site make money to keep it running exactly?

Anyway, hi. Nice t meet ya all as I figure this all out.

• edited August 2019

@emphaticrates

Welcome! Contrary to what others believe or may say, Cuddle Comfort is not set up to be a dating site. We're a place you can come to to find others who want platonic cuddling without being in or seeking a relationship or sex. It can seem like a really weird thing at first (I felt that way when I looked into it the first time), but the truth is that tons of people actually do need this. In our society, cuddling, sex, and relationships have been conflated. If you want cuddling, it's harder to find it without being in a relationship. This is why Cuddle Comfort exists - to bridge this gap. People have been banned for treating it like a dating site.

As far as pros, they were not the focus of the site when it opened, and they still aren't (though many of the ladies you will see active on the forums are pro). Because they started showing up and not much could be done to stop the inevitable, it was eventually decided to allow them to advertise here in exchange for 15% of their earnings. This is what keeps the site free for everyone to use but you are by no means obligated to book a pro. Pros have to apply and be approved to do business on the site. So if you meet someone who wants to charge you, and they don't have the pink professional badge like the one you see on my profile, they are what we call an "untagged pro" and they need to be reported using the [...] button on their profile. All other members except for those of us with this badge must cuddle for free and cannot charge you, so keep that in mind when you speak with others!

I recommend you check out the FAQ thread that our member @respectful has put up. He's done a wonderful job on it and I'll be darned if it doesn't answer most if not all of your questions. Other than that, welcome to the community and remember to have lots of patience while here. This is not unlike any other site where you meet people other than the fact that we're platonic - it can take time to meet somebody who you gel with as a cuddle buddy, and most of our members (especially females) would like to take the time to get to know a person before sharing personal space with them or even meeting.

If you feel you need more advice give a shout to me and I'll send you my 10 tips for success on Cuddle Comfort, which I typically send to new folks in my area.

• Thanks @Catloaf, I realized pretty quickly there's that what my friend told me about this place and how things actually are is incongruent. Though looking through the forum it seems like a misperception shared by many.

I guess if the site wasn't originally designed with "Pro's" in mind then I wonder how they planned to make money. I mean if that wasn't the intent from the beginning then what were they gonna do, show ads or sell memberships? Or just hope to be acquired by a bigger tech company. 🤔

I'm just always kinda curious what the motive behind something is, like how Facebook is free because we're the product ya know.

• edited August 2019

@emphaticrates To my knowledge, Cuddle Comfort would not have been as expensive to run back in the day as it is now. The site was created in 2011 and I'm not sure that Mark, the site owner, really expected for it to take off as much as it has. Here is a graph which shows some of the growth trends over the years for the site based on the accounts of active users who were online from periods of 2017-2018, which should be pretty telling! I'm personally glad that I get to help fund this community even just a little because I really believe in it at the end of the day despite my past cynicism, and would like to see it do well.

The following post is courtesy of @respectful